Monday, June 20, 2011

At Sea, Chopped Grille - RC Mariner Day 5

Lunch


Beef carpacio. The risk aversion part of me is always concerned with eating raw beef.


Lamb kabob. The lamb was dry.  It had a lot of potential but the execution failed.


Roulade. Like a lemon meringue pie. Too spongy of a texture to be enjoyable


Chopped Grille.

You pay a $30 charge to dine here. The maitre'd was a snob. Not what you expect on a cruise ship. The waitress from Romania was fantastic. She was there when you needed her but otherwise not nosy or intrusive.



Spicy tuna. Not that spicy. As with many foods, it looks nice but was bland. Too little tuna and too much carbohydrate.


Duck. I felt the same about this as the tuna.


Oysters. Rockefeller was one type. The shells look nice but the oysters were tiny about the size of a pecan lost in the cheesy toppings and other sauces.


18 ounce Porterhouse steak. Notice the lack of a crust. Disappointing. I believe Europeans don't know how to cook a steak. Without question I pan fry a steak better.


Sides.  Each alone is enough to feed four. All sides were very good.


Cream Cheese Red Velvet Cake and Creme Brulee. Suprisingly, they were both disappointing. The Velvet cake was dense and had chocolate.  I've made better. The creme brulee was too thick and starchy.

I really can't complain because the cost of the meal was covered by the $30 credit we had remaining.  If I had to pay out of pocket, I would have been moderately upset.

No comments:

Post a Comment